WEIGH INS COUNT FOR THE BEGINNERS EVENT ON SUNDAY FROM THE WEIGH INS ON SATURDAY. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS THEN PLEASE EMAIL US AT JUNIORSPARTANS@BELLSOUTH.NET
Junior Spartans is proud to host the:
South Paulding Beginner's TournamentWill Once again follow the OPEN event on Saturday Feb 18, 2017 with the beginners event on Sunday February 19.
Setup will be on Friday Feb 17, 2017
Weigh In ProceduresIf a kid steps on the scale and is .1 ounce over the registered weight, they may as well be 10 pounds over because they will not be allowed to wrestle and there is no changing of weight classes at the tournament.
There will be check scales at all tournaments. That scale will usually be the heaviest scale, so if you are good on the check scale, you are usually good on the official scale. Always visit the check scales before entering weighins. If not, use the check scale to challenge the results of the official scales.
Official weigh-in procedure
**Once entering the official weigh-in area the wrestler is not allowed to leave. So be sure to use the check scale to check your weight before entering the official area. You wrestler can still go try to lose necessary weight during the time allotted if he has not entered the official weigh in area.
Only wrestlers will be allowed in official weigh-in area. No parents or coaches.
1. MADE WEIGHT: The wrestler will step on the first scale. If they are at or below registered weight they are checked of list as to having made weight. Make sure they write the weight on your child's hand or arm.
2. DID NOT, BUT CHALLENGING: If the wrestler is over registered weight they will be asked to step off of scale and then asked to step back on same scale. If they are then at or below registered weight they are check off list as to having made weight. If they are still over the registered weight class they are given the opportunity to step on a challenge scale. If they make weight on the challenge scale then they are checked of list as to having made weight. Make sure they write the weight on your child's hand or arm. If Not…
3. LOST CHALLENGE: Once the wrestler has used the challenge scale and has failed then they are scratched from the tournament. No weight losing activities are allowed in the weigh-in area, so again do not enter the official area if you did not make weight on the outside check scale. Please understand that there is no appeal for this. Wrestling is based on weight; if you don't make it you don't wrestle. We would not want our child wrestling someone that did not work as hard as our child to make the weight.
JUNIOR SPARTAN CHALLENGE – Saturday February 20, 2016
FORMAT:Traditional Open FolkStyle Event for 6U, 8U, 10U, 12U and 14U (We will be using the larger standard tournament weight classes)
- • Morning Session (6U, 8U and 10U)
- o Periods 1-1-1
- o 10 Mats
- • Afternoon Session (12U and 14U)
- o Periods 2-1-1
- o 10 Mats
REGISTRATION:$15 per wrestler. All registrations must be entered via the Team GA registration site. Link: http://www.teamgeorgiawrestling.com/register
• This tournament will limit the sessions to 500 per session.
USAW CARD SALES:Purchase USAW Cards via the Team GA membership site. Link: http://www.teamgeorgiawrestling.com and select the Memberships page
WEIGH-INS:You must have your USA Card in hand to enter the weigh-in room.
• Friday Evening 6:30 - 8:00, February 19, 2016 (All Groups) in Dugan Elementary School directly beside SP HS
• Saturday Morning 7:00 to 7:45, February 20, 2016 (All Age Groups) Start approx. 8:30AM
• Saturday Afternoon 12:00 noon (12U and 14U) Start approx. 1:00PM
SCHEDULE:• Morning Session (6U, 8U and 10U) - Projected Wrestling to begin at 8:00 AM
• Afternoon Session (12U and 14U) - Projected Wrestling to begin at 1:00 PM
AWARDS:Top Two Teams Win a Monster Spartan Soldier Trophy (17" tall and 9 pounds). We also give a 12" tall Spartan Trophies to the Most Outstanding Wrestler for each division. Custom Medals will be given to top 4 finishers at each weight class.
OTHER ITEMS OF INTEREST:
- • Admission: Family - $7, Adult - $5, Child - $3 (Standard for all Team GA Events)
- • Hospitality room - Annual Awesome Hospitality Room Will be provided for Bronze Card Coaches
- • Concessions
- o Will will also be offering whole Boston Butts smoked on grill and wrapped for you to take home. Pre-orders only. (contact Scott Byers at firstname.lastname@example.org) All pre-orders must be in by January 25th.
- o Cooler policy - Please no coolers in the Main Gym or Auxilary Gym